Friday, 13 April 2012
Well guys, this will be my last round up for a while as I will be going away for my long awaited honeymoon! I will be back up and running in May so watch this space!
- If you have not done so yet, check out my latest giveaway from The Badger Set - some funky jewellery is up for grabs so make sure you enter!
- Its my hen do tonight, it will be a casual evening - a meal with some friends and a cheeky glass of wine or two! no strippers for me, well I hope not anyway!
- Saturday will be pizza night and a film while I worry about my future husband out on his stag do :-s I will be having a pamper evening to relax - any face masks you would recommend? I do have the soap & glory peel off scrub but not too keen on peels
- Thank you for the birthday messages - I had a great day thank you and afternoon tea was yummy om nom nom. I also watched paranomal activity 3 - very spooky, I was hiding my face with a pillow and peeking over!
- When I get back from honeymoon I have some great posts planned - I might even try and upload a few pics while I am away but it all depends on the internet connection
Tuesday, 10 April 2012
I was very tempted in my last MAC haul to buy pretty much their whole range of brushes – they have a good knack for creating reasons as to why you need to have each brush and I kinda got sucked in.
I managed to leave without purchasing one but still needed some new brushes – while in Asda I came across these cheapy George alternatives and decided to give them a go (£1 each in a bargain bucket!)
I opted for the eyeshadow blender brush & the angled liner/shadow brush , one for applying the eyeshadow and the other to blend around the edges of the eye. I have to say that the eyeshadow brush is a lot harder than I thought it would be, which means it applies a strong colour but could be a little harsh on the eye. The liner is great though because you can work a nice angle around the eye with this.
I like the feel of these though, nice and smooth in the hand but obviously this should not really sway your decision as whether to buy!
Would I buy these cheap brushes again? Yes & no, I would have to be a bit more selective and also would be better if I could feel the brush before I buy. Overall I don’t think you can scrimp on your tools – what brushes do you like?
Friday, 6 April 2012
Hello everyone! hope your having a great weekend so far - what will you be doing with your time off?
- On Sunday I am planning to make a yummy roast dinner for Easter and of course eat lots of chocolate! well not too much - I still have to fit into my dress!
- It is my birthday on monday! to celebrate, my family and I are going for afternoon tea at the place I am getting married in, really looking forward to the scones and tea :-)
- Hopefully I will get some packing done for Antigua, we have quite a low limit on luggage allowance so cant take too much - which is a nightmare for me because I always take loads! (and only wear half of it!) but hey you never know what you might need!
- They Badger Set giveaway is still up and running, to enter read the post below! go on, you know you want too
- Apologies for my lack of photos/blog of the week this week - I have so much on running up to the wedding!
Monday, 2 April 2012
This week I have done another Etsy collaboration, this time with The Badger Set – a London based team of two ladies Libby & Caroline. They specialize in laser cut jewellery of various materials such as wood and acrylic and also have other interesting items in their shop too. They offer custom made items, hhmmm I may have to put a request in for some acrylic letters/word necklaces! (There is also free delivery if you buy more than one item!) Check out their Etsy page http://www.etsy.com/people/thebadgerset?ref=pr_profile
The Badger set sent me a selection of items to photograph (I am pretty chuffed with how the pics turned out!) and are kindly giving away one of the items pictured below to one of the readers of this blog. To be in with the chance of winning add a comment on this post saying which one is your favorite and why along with a contact email address/blog
The items up for grabs are – Blue Cupcake Necklace, Pink Unicorn Necklace, Wooden Owl Earrings, Pink Horse Earrings & Red Fox Earrings (please note only one item will be sent)
The rules are:
- You must be a follower of this blog
- Check out The Badger Set Etsy page – (show some love!) http://www.etsy.com/people/thebadgerset?ref=pr_profile
- One entry per person
- Open internationally
- Closes on 16/04/12 @11:59PM
- The winner will be notified by email on 17/04/12
- The item will be posted with Royal Mail – I cannot be held responsible for loss or damage
- The winner will be selected by The Badger Set
- The winner will be selected by The Badger Set
Which item is my favorite? It has to be the cute red fox earrings as they match my new Aubin & Wills Tee!
So what’s your favorite?