Thursday 6 September 2012

Clarins Lotus Oil Treatment Review


 When I saw this oil it immediately it caught my interest, an oil treatment for oily skin? Surely not?
Well yes, it is true, Clarins have developed an oil which helps to regulate oil production on your skin. The theory is to cleanse away the bad oils and put oils that benefit your skin back in.

Initially I was going to use this as a treatment a few times a week, after speaking with the Clarins consultant she said to use it every night. I am a bit dubious when it comes to advice like this, I immediately think they want me to use up the product quickly so I will go and buy another one.  However I took this advice to see what difference it would make and I now use it nightly instead of a moisturiser.
You apply this after cleansing & toning; while the skin is still damp from the toner you then apply the oil. A little goes a long way, I only use about three drops and warm it up between my fingers to make it glide easily over the skin.





I have been using this for a few weeks now and it has made a great improvement on my skin. I used to get very oily patches throughout the day and would look quite shiney! But this really has helped to regulate the oil and my skin is nowhere near as oily as it used to be. This has resulted in less blocked pores but it has also helped with flakiness too.
It is a really luxurious product to use, the smell is AMAZING and it feels like a treat to use every night. I think it would also make a good weekly treatment as I had originally planned, but it does work very well used nightly.
If you are cautious about using oils then there is no need to be, I really enjoy using this and have had great results, I will be buying this again!




9 comments:

  1. LOVE clarins oil - expensive but worth every penny. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to give this a go! I have an oily t-zone but when i heard of this i was bit wary and didn't want to splurge out if it wasn't worth it. Glad you did this post, i might have to go and get some! Thanks :) x x

    http://seeking--serendipity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should, it really is fab for oily skin x

      Delete
  3. Wow! Looks like a great product. I suffer from oily t-zones. How much did you get this for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. £31 but its worth it, a little goes a long way too so it will last a while x

      Delete
  4. I really want to give it a go, I use Laura Mercier facial oil to remove my make-up, love it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this stuff, I've had it for several months now and I've still got *loads* left so definitely worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have to try this oil sometime! thanks for your lovely comment on my blog :)

    i'm your newest follower on gfc and bloglovin! please visit me and see if you want to follow too? i think you'll like my outfits :)

    www.dailydisguise.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...