Tuesday 10 July 2012

L'Occitane Brightening Moisture Cream


I bought this at the airport on my way to Antigua earlier this year, I had never tried L'Occitane products before but this brightening cream caught my eye and as it was duty free I thought I would give it a go. I did not use this while I was away because I wanted to test this in the UK rather than in the hot Antigua climate.

The reason I wanted to try this one was because I thought my skin was looking a bit dull and I had heard good things about L’Occitane - this cream is supposed to give you a youthful radiant glow - just the job. WRONG, this product did not work at all for me! Which is a shame because it has a lovely fragrance and a light gel/cream texture which I thought would be good for my oily/combination skin type.

This cream can be used morning and night, I personally did not see it as a night cream, it did not absorb deeply into the skin like I would expect out of a night cream. However, I did not like this as a day cream either – it dries quickly and leaves a powdery layer on the skin. The main test for me is how it sits under foundation as I wear make up almost every day and I sometimes find that moisturisers make my skin a little oily with foundation over the top.  This had a different effect, the foundation did not mix well with the powdery finish and made it hard to blend, (sort of like putting face powder on first then foundation) I tried two different foundations and they both had the same outcome. I also did not see much in the way of brighter skin, I think if I was able to use this more as a day cream then I would be able to see the difference but I did not see the pot to the end.

So overall I did not find this good for morning application because of how it reacts with foundation and not great as a night cream as it’s too light and I don’t like how it dries on the skin.  I think this cream would be good if you do not wear much foundation (unlike me who cakes it on thick) or if you want a lighter alternative as a night cream.
I am not ruling out L’Occitane products though, I should have done my research before buying this moisturiser! I would like to try the hand creams because I have seen them a few times in magazines and I think they are the best sellers.

Have you tried this brightening cream? If you have and liked it I would be interested to know what skin type it suits


 


10 comments:

  1. I love the products of L'Occitane! :) But I never try this cream!

    Babi

    NEW POST ON MY BLOG
    www.voguebuster.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried other ones but would not recommend for oily skin x

      Delete
  2. Ah sucks it didnt work for you :( my skin needs a little bit of picking up too!

    im having a givaway on my blog incase youre interested-

    http://nayabloves.blogspot.com/2012/07/nayab-loves-1st-giveaway.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is annoying, ah well its the only way you learn!

      Delete
  3. Had never heard if this cream, but its a real pity it did not work out!

    I too really look forward to trying out the handcreams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not heard of it either until I was in the shop!

      Delete
  4. Awh I hate when products dont work the way I would like :( you could always use it on make-up free days? xox

    My Blog : The Style Khaleesi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog!
    Would you like to follow eachother?
    Love,

    http://www.movieanne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a shame it didn't work, hopefully you'll find plenty of other L'occitane products you do like :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...