Monday 19 November 2012

MAC Perfectly Plush Brush Kit - Essentials



My old brush set was not one to be envied; it was a collection of odds and ends I had picked up along the way to make do. I reached a point where I had enough and MAC was the only way forward.

OK so it was not the ONLY way forward, other options like Real Techniques and Ecotools were on offer to help with my make up brush woes. However as soon as I saw the leopard print lushness of the MAC Perfectly Plush Brush Set I just could not resist.


 
 
 
 
 

 There were three sets to choose from, the one I chose was `Essential’ which has a good variety of brushes to start a new collection. This one includes a 129 powder/blush brush, 190 foundation brush, 2 75 medium angled shading brush, 266 small angle brush & 226 small tapered blending brush.


I love the handy wipe clean pouch that the brushes come in; it’s also got another popper pocket to keep things in for when you are on the go. It will be really handy for travel as these brushes are a bit shorter than single brushes so it saves on space.

The packaging it came in was really nice too, a leopard print box and a zig zag print satin bag with a bow makes it a great prezzie idea. Any of the holiday bags and kits would make amazing presents, you can choose from eye kits, lip kits as well as the brush sets – all in leopard print!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 

It’s not the cheapest of kits – its £39.50, but what I have learnt is that you cannot scrape on the budget when it comes to tools you will keep for years. Cheap brushes are rubbish! Nothing worse than a hard brush or one that leaves strands of brush on your face.

High quality brushes are wise investment, do you agree?



12 comments:

  1. really beautiful! it would make a perfect present!

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw there sets the other day and was lusting over them. But the price for mac brushes is just to much for me to justify :( (But they are nice to go visit once and a while)

    http://dipsydays.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed completely regarding price/quality of long-term tools! The packaging is truly gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo these look right up my street. Going to ask for these for Xmas so that I can add to my collection of like 100 others haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW that is a brush set, i love it, would definitely make an amazing present :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything about this is amazingly pretty xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good :) the packaging itself is so pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love MAC's new 'Galmour Daze' collection!

    The brushes are an investment. Yet, I've started using Real Techniques and they do the job just fine without the hefty price tag.
    I love you're post though, and MAC brushes are AHmazing, thanks for sharing :-)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right now I'm still using my "make do" ones! Haha. Anyway, I'm sure these brushes are amazing. Hope to have this set soon.

    Infinite Elegance

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree great brushes are an investment. I only have 2 mac brushes, i also have some real techniques, Sigma & Eco Tools, sometimes it takes shopping around to find which ones work perfect for you. I love the case no wonder you splurged :-)

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look so sleek and lovely! Loks so nice to have a set and in that lovely packaging. Are they worth the money? x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw that's probably one of the prettiest brush sets ever! Love the little pouch and definitely agree with you, cheap brushes are rubbish x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...