Monday 5 November 2012

Spinning Plates


It’s almost time for me to celebrate my one year blogiversary, blimey how time flies! It only seems like yesterday that I was writing my first post.  

Somehow blogging seems to absorb me like a witch luring me into her evil spell. It’s a consuming hobby in many ways - money, effort, but for me it’s mainly time.

I work full time; I live with my husband and two step children and of course the two chi chi’s. So let’s just say that it’s not exactly easy to keep on top of a blogging schedule. Unfortunately the boring chores take over most blogging opportunities, when the family are screaming at you to be fed `not now I am blogging’ just doesn’t suffice.

The desire to blog does however linger around, how many times are you out and about and spot something and you immediately think `ooh that’s blogworthy’ you whip out your camera to your other halves eye rolling dismay (to take photos of food while in a nice restaurant, like you have never eaten before) but you have to catch the opportunity while you can.

It can be quite frustrating having limitations to the creativity of blogging, now that its winter I have to take batches of photos in the daylight at the weekend (MEGA pain in the ass), funds start to run low on the run up to Xmas (no exciting products for me then) and other plans take up my time (surely my new workout routine can wait until next Monday?)

Blogging is supposed to be fun, so why do we put pressures on ourselves? I have read no end of times a blog post starting with – Sorry I have not blogged for a while or I am a bad blogger – I am guilty of it too. Who exactly are we saying sorry too? Because surely no one is going to have a sleepless night over the fact that you have not written a blog post for a few days.

Really we are saying sorry to ourselves because we feel guilty for not being an A* blogger. My daily check list goes something like this at the moment – washing done– check, dinners sorted – check, dogs walked – check, blogging – oh shit.

The moral of the story is this – blogging is meant to be fun, not a chore. If it becomes a chore then it’s not right! I have taken a step back and realised I need to chill and go with the flow and not pressure myself.

It’s been a year and I think I have not done too bad!?  And to celebrate I will be having a blog makeover & giveaway – watch out for the blog birthday post, when I eventually get round to writing it of course....

3 comments:

  1. Completely true. I didn't do a post at all this weekend and i'm like oh no iI didn't blog!! Then I thought...who honestly cares. I'd rather blog when i've got a good post rather than just chuck something out so i'm consistent :) trying to take pictures is a nightmare at the moment also! No daylight!

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely get what you mean, I've only been blogging for a couple of months and i LOVE it, but it's hard to find the time! Love this post, congrats on almost a whole year! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree with you more! I actually wanted my comment to be a bit longer but there's just nothing to add and you're so right. Congrats on your blog anniversary :) You did great! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...