Monday 6 August 2012

Almost Daily Diary #4

I feel bad that I did not post my daily diary posts over the weekend – I did warn you though when I called it almost daily diary as I knew I would struggle to have time to write them.  I was pretty good though, the only let down was that I drank wine when I am trying to be healthy. I also had a Sunday fry up which I had as my weekly treat, this included sausage, bacon & toast. I think it is really important when you are on a diet to have a weekly treat otherwise you will just drive yourself mad. In fact I am more disappointed with the wine then I am the sausage/bacon.
 I did not have an empty house as planned and I ended up cooking for everyone so the Rodial did not go ahead as planned, I am also due on in the next few days and am not in the mood at all, I will leave this for when I am feeling human again.



So what is the Linseed all about? On one of my health kicks I picked up a tip that linseed can help assist with weight loss and is very good for you. Also known as flaxseed, It contains essential fatty acids which is said to increase metabolism and has the richest source of Omega 3 (double what is found in fish). I take this because it is hormone balancing and helps reduce water retention so helps with the battle of the bloat. It is also high in protein & fibre so it gives you a fuller feeling when you add it to your food. However if you are counting the calories then this will add an extra 50 cals per table spoon so you just need to monitor that. You can get hold of it easily, I got mine from Tesco for around £3.50 but you can also get this in places like Holland & Barratt too. There are various ways to take this, either sprinkle on a salad or in a smoothie, or you can like me just neck back a tablespoon in the morning (chewing first obviously) and then having a glass of water.

What I ate today:

Breakfast : Nature Valley oat bar 198 cals, Table spoon of Linseed 50 cals

Lunch : Tin of Carrot & Coriander Heinz soup 160 cals

Snack : 1 Banana & 1 large cheese snak a jack 135 cals

Dinner:  Weight Watchers beef & red wine casserole 259 calories with broccoli, peas & sweetcorn 130 cals

Dessert : Cherries, blueberries & raspberries – 2 of five a day 175cals

Drinks:  One 1ltr bottle of pear & elderflower sparkling water, 2 cups of coffee, 1 cup of tea, 1 glass of pepsi max 

Total calories: 1107

Exercise:
20 mins treadmill & 50 sit ups

Thoughts of the day

It is impossible to eat 5 portions of fruit & veg a day without force feeding, I feel like Violet from Willy Wonker and the Chocolate Factory as I am slowly turning into a blueberry


1 comment:

  1. Good on you Kimmi for keeping up the good work!
    I'm currently on The Biggest Loser challenge at my work and I send daily emails to my work mates, supporting them and urging them to make good choices.
    It's started a great support system!
    Ive also signed up to My Fitness Pal which you can find on Google, it's a calorie counter of food that you consume during the day. Def worth checking out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...