Wednesday 8 August 2012

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub Review


If you tend to get flaky skin on your lips then you need to take note of this post. Personally I  get dry flaky lips every few days which seems to appear for no reason. If I wear a lot of lippy – I get flaky lips, if I go au natural – I get flaky lips, if I just wear lip balm – I get flaky lips, I think you get the point. It’s just one of those things, but it is really annoying when I go out for the day and start off with relatively normal lips but by mid afternoon my lipstick has gathered into the flakes, gross! Don’t get me wrong it is not a mega problem, more of an irritation which pops up frequently.
I came across this lip scrub when I was last in LUSH, I thought that this might be a suitable product to help with the flakiness. There are three to choose from -Mint Julips (mint choc), Sweet Lips (chocolate) and bubblegum. I did not like the smell of sweet lips and was immediately drawn to the pink bubblegum pot. Not only does it smell delicious but it tastes delicious too, the last application direction says you can lick off whatever is left after the treatment.
So the directions are to apply to the lips and massage in a circular motion all over, I concentrated on the centre of the bottom lip as this is the trouble area. Once you have scrubbed until satisfied you then lick it off. Now if you are on a diet this can become a dangerous habit as it is very sweet, in fact it is mostly sugar and oil (wonder what the calories are in that!). I use this most nights and follow with a bit of lip balm and this seems to do the trick.
It would be quite easy to make your own with sugar & oil, or even using an abrasive towel or brush but that kind of takes away the fun of using the product. 
I have caught a few others in my house have a sneaky dip in the pot (Im watching you!) and my hubby likes the surprise sweet kiss I give him every now and then,  so overall a success.
 
 
 



24 comments:

  1. Mm that looks yummy! Although I don't know if I could lick it off, the thought of it being skin care would make me scared hehe! Though the smell will probably entice me...
    I also get the same problem, no matter what my lips end up flaking! I may have to give this a go :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit odd but it tastes really nice! you do it once and then thats it!

      Delete
  2. I love this stuff!
    Great post :)

    Georgia x
    http://georgiabeee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im actually working on a blogpost today with this same product and the smashbox lip scrub!! Great minds think alike!!

    www.delabelle-k.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, this looks amazing! I must get myself some!

    Becky
    xx
    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this in a gift box at Christmas, its so amazing, one of my favourite lush products! Can't wait to try the other lip scrubs, especially the one that smells like chocolate! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not too keen on the smell of chocolate one, might be different to use though, anything chocolate flavoured then im sold!

      Delete
  6. Looks great but if you lick it off you must consume the flakey skin from your lips?xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hhhmmm yes that is true, but if you are a lip nibbler like me then you will consume the flakey bits anyway. But your right it does sound a bit gross :S

      Delete
  7. The photos for this post are so cute! I haven't tried this one but I have a different LUSH lip scrub and I really like it xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first lip scrub I have tried from Lush, might try a few others now!

      Delete
  8. I love how you've photographed it! I have this lip scrub, I really like it - I have been known to purposefully put too much on just to lick it off, oops! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore this and use it every night before bed xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh lately my lips have also been really dry! i was thinking of purchasing this too! - glad to know u liked it :D
    Great post - love the pics ^^ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get flaky lips too!! (Phew had been really worried I was the only person that has that issue with lip balm and lipsticks!!) this sounds amazing! How do Lush always get it right?! This will deffo be on my next shopping list :D thanks for the recommendation! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there! :) thanx for the comment.
    Great post here! Did this help with the flakyness?
    Sounds like a delicious product ;)
    Will start following :)
    Feel free to follow back:

    www.cosmeticallycreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This combination of bubblegum and lip scrub helps a lot in exfoliating your skin to the fullest.

    Lip Scrub Online

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the best range of lip scrubs that can actually entice customers.

    Buy Lip Scrub

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...