Saturday 25 August 2012

Saturday Shopping #7


I try to avoid cheap eye shadows as I always end up disappointed; however I gave in today and bought an MUA palette for £4. A lot of people are using them and say the quality is good for the price so I thought I would give it a try. I went for the Heaven and Earth palette as the colours look like the kind of shades I would wear most days. There were a couple of other MUA palettes which were even cheaper at £3 and I was tempted but I will start with this one first and see how I get on.

While in body care stocking up on some essentials, I saw a whole shelf full of the St Moriz tanning mousse and mitts. To me, that was a `come and buy me now’ signal, which I did not ignore. It cost about £5 for the mousse and mitt together; if I do not turn out orange then hopefully this will become a cheap tanning solution to add to my regime.

Overall I spent £9, (the essentials do not count) see I am a savvy spender. The fact that I am broke and waiting for payday next week has nothing to do with it ;-)

 

18 comments:

  1. I heard good things about the mua palette but I'm yet to try it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been playing around with it already and it is fab, you should try it x

      Delete
  2. I have this MUA palette and it is great!
    I use it pretty much everyday and it is lasting me well, would definitely recommend it!

    Lottie x

    lottiekins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours are great everyday shades but are also versatile, im in love

      Delete
  3. I have that st Moriz bronzer and used it only once, it was a little streaky, but I didn't exfoliate enough. Make sure you do that! :
    Do a review on a palette, would love to read :)

    xo Deja
    Deja Zu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a great tan applier! so yes, I will defo scrub well before trying it lol x

      Delete
  4. You will not be disappointed with MUA, I'm loving their pallettes as I have the two that are discount. The colours me throughtout a 8 hours shift with tiny bit of creasing on the inside of the eyes. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty good going then for a cheap eye shadow, I am impressed!

      Delete
  5. I just got a bunch of MUA palettes and so far so good. Fairly decent! This one looks incredibly versatile! Day to night :-) I've got one with some rather shocking colors that I'm going to try to work with...wish me luck. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the shocking one and was tempted lol but I don't think it would work on me, would look fab on you though after seeing your latest post :-)

      Delete
  6. The heaven and earth palette is cult status these days, I like them a lot, though i've recently become besotted with Inglot who have the most creamy shadows I've ever tried. I think for shadows that are real accents MUA are fab!

    dp
    x
    www.inanityandthegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I have not tried Inglot, I will have a look x

      Delete
  7. I really do need that MUA palette in my life xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When your spending ban is over get yourself down to Superdrug and get one of these, I am loving it so far!!!

      Delete
  8. looks like a great find

    http://weezngmonkeys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I am impressed with MUA as a whole, great quality for the prices x

      Delete
  9. lovely little haul! Ive always wanted to try both products. Speaking of payday next week I might place my orders soon ;)xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that MUA pallet I eye it up everytime I'm in Superdrug! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...