Wednesday 29 August 2012

Botanics - Rose Water Toning Spritz / Cleansing Toner / Matifiying Gel Cream

I am a sucker for packaging and new product ideas, my husband says I am a marketing companies dream, but I just can’t help the allure of a shiny new design. While in boots my OCPD (obsessive compulsive packaging disorder) took over when I came across the new Botanics range. I have never liked Botanics before, so what’s the difference now it’s in a new packet? To be honest I never took much notice of what was in the product range before so I am not sure if the products have changed too or if it is just a re-branding?
 The whole range is currently discounted with 1/3 off in boots, so that justified buying three items to try. I needed a new toner but could not decide between the cleansing toner & the spritz, I would use these in different ways so thought I would try both. The mattifying gel also caught my eye as I thought that would make a good base for foundation on my oily skin.



Mattifying Gel Cream



The mattifying effect of this cream is pretty good, it definitely does leave the skin matte & smooth ready for make up. Personally I would only use this in the morning as it is quite light so not nourishing enough for the night time moisturise. I would suggest using a thin layer if you are putting it underneath foundation, if you put too much on then it will flake of a bit.
I do like this moisturiser, it has a fresh citrus smell and does the mattifying job and tackles shininess, however it does not feel particularly moisturising and does leave a layer like feeling on the skin as it does not absorb too deeply. Overall I do like this, it mattifys & helps with shine, but It doesn't really tackle the problem, more like mask it (which isn't necessarily bad) but I don't think I would buy another pot after this one.




The toners


Both of these toners had a similar effect, both refreshing, cleansing and tightening which I like. I didn’t however like the smell of the cleansing toner, just a bit..well..mouldy smelling?
The rosewater toner has on the other hand a lovely fragrance, exactly what you would expect from rosewater. I also liked the spray instead of the bottle, it does have a powerful spray though so you have to be careful when putting it on otherwise you will have drips down you face! Nice
It’s good for on the go too so the rosewater is the winner, I would buy this again. Sorry brightening hibiscus, it just didn’t work out this time 



Organic Rosewater Toning Spritz 150ml - £3.33
Shine Away Mattifying Gel Cream - £3.33
All Bright Cleansing Toner 250ml – not sure oops but about the same 




Twitter: @WhatKimiDidNext


15 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if this has changed but its a tiny bit hard to read your text (because it's lighter than black!)

    Just figured you would want to know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have been worrying it was a bit light - just changed it to black, better?

      Delete
  2. These all sound lovely, I like the Matte-ifying cream - I like products that feel really light!


    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel light, so good for a day gel/cream

      Delete
  3. Wow that Mattifying Gel looks amazing, especially since like yourself I have quite oily skin. My foundation constantly looks shiny unless I spend ages buffing it into my skin.
    I am going to be purchasing this ASAP.
    xxx
    http://daintydream.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does definately work for the shine, good luck!

      Delete
  4. I'm quite curious about the Spritz toner as I've never used one! It seems like it would be really refreshing on the face. Does it do much to set your make-up in any way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried it yet, that was one of the reasons I bought it. I will try it in the morning and let you know x

      Delete
  5. I am really intrigued by these toners :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rosewater sounds beautiful, I'll definitely be back in boots tomorrow hehe, great blog, becca x

    http://rebeccape93.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep looking at the botantics range every time I go in Boots. Perhaps I will make a purchase when my spending ban is over!

    Click here to get your daily buzz!

    Sarah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post.
    The products look like they smell good! lol

    Sincerely Daja

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love the rosewater toner! Great post x x

    alicelala.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photographs are really creative! Love your blog, just followed you x

    http://lovebeautyfashionlife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...